Having a Halloween party and need some yummy finger foods to get in the Halloween spirit? These eyeballs will be perfect to get the creepy party started.
What you need:
1 tbsp of olive oil
2 cups spinach
2 cloves of garlic
16oz white button mushrooms (We used baby portebellas since the store was out)
1 14oz block of tofu
2 tbsp of balsamic
1tsp Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
Sliced black olives
1 8oz jar Julienne sliced sundried tomatoes
Smoked paprika to garnish
What you do:
1. Place oil, garlic and spinach in pan and sauté until spinach is wilted
2. Destem and wash mushrooms and place on baking sheet
3. Drain and press tofu to release excess water
4. in food processor put tofu, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper into processor and blend until smooth
5. Place balsamic evenly inside mushrooms
6. Stuff mushrooms with spinach mixture then top with tofu ricotta on top. Then add sliced black olives and sundried tomatoes to appear like bloodshot eyes, then sprinkle smoked paprika on top on mushrooms.
7. Bake on 350 for approximately 20 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked
8. Enjoy the spooky treat!
-Namaste, Michi and Melissa